The Town has retained a contractor to collect and handle garbage pick-up. We expect the changeover to happen this fall and will provide more details soon. In the meantime, Public Works will continue to collect residential and business waste.
Here are a few tips that will help keep Gravelbourg tidy over the summer months:
- Hot garbage is smelly garbage! The ideal window to get your bin to the curb before pick-up time is between 7pm-7am.
- Don't feed the seagulls! The best waste container is one with a secure lid.
- Bag it! Make sure all garbage is bagged before placing it in a container. Loose garbage is unsightly, and will definitely irritate your neighbours. It's also unsanitary for Town staff to collect waste from the lawns and roadways.
- Got leaves and grass clippings? Take them to the Compost Site off Bettez.
- Home and yard renovations can create a lot of waste. Please take branches, large pieces of wood or metal, shingles, etc. to the dump.
- Visit the Public Services page for more information on waste disposal, dump hours, and fees.
Thank you for your cooperation. Let's keep Gravelbourg beautiful!